Horticulture Therapy (HT) is the practice of using gardening and other activities with plants to support one's physical and mental health.
Benefits of Horticulture Therapy
- Reduce stress
- Elevate mood
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Lack of stigma (judge-free zone)
- Improve gut health
- Decrease fatigue
- Improve motor skills
- Improve immune system (vitamin D)
- Communicate with others and cultivate new friendships
- Forge social bonds
- Improve self-esteem
- Improve attention capacity
- Increase brain function
- Promote neuroplasticity and brain stimulation
- Improve concentration
Creating a Therapeutic Horticulture Program at UofT
Click here to learn more!
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM.
WE RESPOND TO ALL INQUIRIES AS SOON AS WE CAN.